About Me

I am a photographer, writer and social scientist...this is my forum for creative expression. I am using this blog to document my days and nights in the city that never sleeps...all the photographs, unless otherwise credited, have been shot by yours truly. If I offend you...good...I hope you begin to think more critically about the world in which we live. I am here to discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly...and there is a whole lotta ugly out there!!! If you have a problem with anything that I write or photograph, let me know. It will not change my opinion but I appreciate and welcome discourse. One little bit of advice...don't do stupid things and let me photograph you...it will turn up on my blog.

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Jim Jones Performance with Funk Master Flex at Guest House

Last Thursday I was asked to shoot
FUNKMASTER FLEX @ FLY HIGH THURSDAYS
Hosted By Jim Jones & Maino. I was pleasantly surprised.


Funk Master Flex was on the tables most of the night and Jim Jones hopped in the DJ booth to rock a couple of songs.
In all honesty, I am not the biggest Jim Jones fan, I mean, he named himself after a cult leader...but i think the dude has charisma out of this atmosphere and he kept the party rocking.
But before all of that...applause, for the people!!!







Dj Envy


Funk Master Flex on the turntables...Don't sleep, Flex was doing his thing.

I never caught this dude's name, but he was Djing with Flex...he killed it!!


My man from the Wire, JD Williams.






Nuff said.










Now, that's a party!!!!!!!!! Get it girl!!!!!!

I had to leave to get batteries and on my way back in, this young lady asked me to take a picture of her.


Jim Jones on the mic...when this dude hit the booth, the whole club went crazy...as if it didn't already smell like dank in the club....

Jim Jones and Flex.



On my way out, I ran into this dude (he was cool)...we talked about politics for twenty or thirty minutes.
I won't reveal his political leanings, but let's just say that we disagree on some major issues.
All this to say...vote...for Obama.






Register to Vote: Rock the Vote, powered by Credo Mobile




After the party, I went to my girlfriends crib, packed and took a cab to the airport...next stop Atlanta!!!!!!!
Look out for the next couple of posts...Oval Party ATl, Mckibbin Party, and Rosetta Stoned Show at Cake Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment