About Me

I am a photographer, writer and social scientist...this is my forum for creative expression. I am using this blog to document my days and nights in the city that never sleeps...all the photographs, unless otherwise credited, have been shot by yours truly. If I offend you...good...I hope you begin to think more critically about the world in which we live. I am here to discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly...and there is a whole lotta ugly out there!!! If you have a problem with anything that I write or photograph, let me know. It will not change my opinion but I appreciate and welcome discourse. One little bit of advice...don't do stupid things and let me photograph you...it will turn up on my blog.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Party at 265 Mckibbin

A couple of weeks ago we had a going away party for my friend Rahad...he recently relocated to California to pursue his love and career...acting!!
Keep up the good work Rahad, and I hope you had fun at the party.


This is my homie, Sinton (below)...this is the before picture...he recently cut off all of his hair and his beard and dyed his newly groomed coif bleached blond (and I think he dyed his eyebrows the same color).
Sinton... you are the man.

This is my man, Fauzi...one of the best Afro Beat Djs in NYC...period.





Fauzi always gets the crowd dancing...we were lucky enough to have some awesome dancers at the spot...regulars at the Afro Mosiac Soul events.








Another great photo of Anna, my flatmate.


This young lady is on vacation in the US from the UK...I think Manchester.
Her stepdad is a tattoo artist, so she is getting tons of work done...I love it.


I recently started a new photo project -- CIGGERETTES AND BEER!!!


Towards the end of the party, I stepped across the hall in order to hang out with a couple of Graf artists that I know...check out the original cans.


This girl was all coked up...so I took a picture of her feet - no need to incriminate...on another note, coke is back like the 80's...or maybe it never left..?


This young lady was also in the mood for a party, sans the cocaine...what a night.


At 6am, I made a trip to the store for syrup (we were making waffles) and I saw these signs. If you ever get a chance, research the manner in which ciggerette companies market their products and how different ads target different neighborhoods. Here is a start.





In Europe, this is what ciggerette boxes look like...see the difference?
Italy.


Portugal.


The UK.


No comments:

Post a Comment