About Me

I am a photographer, writer and social scientist...this is my forum for creative expression. I am using this blog to document my days and nights in the city that never sleeps...all the photographs, unless otherwise credited, have been shot by yours truly. If I offend you...good...I hope you begin to think more critically about the world in which we live. I am here to discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly...and there is a whole lotta ugly out there!!! If you have a problem with anything that I write or photograph, let me know. It will not change my opinion but I appreciate and welcome discourse. One little bit of advice...don't do stupid things and let me photograph you...it will turn up on my blog.

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

sat - Southpaw - Yo Majesty, Rosetta Stoned, and Does it offend you...

Peace,
Saturday night was a show at Southpaw in Brooklyn. By the way...Brooklyn is the planet. I am tired of all these city folk that act like they can never leave Manhattan...come to my part of town...you will have fun.

Back to the point...By the time of the show, I had not slept in 36 hours. Friday night we stayed out until 6:30 in the morning and by the time I got home it was time to get ready for work. I had to be in the Bronx for an anti-obesity program put together for the middle school that I work with up on 145th and 3rd ave. After a day of running around with 12 year olds, I went to my girlfriend's house, changed and got ready to go to dinner with her family. After dinner and a couple of martinis, it was off to the show.

Southpaw was a dope venue and the crowd, although smaller than Highline, was more into the show. Here are some of the flicks. I got there kind of late, and being delirious from sleep deprivation, I did not shoot much....but here you go.

Always show love to the DJs!!!!!!!!!
What up Anna..my new flatmate from the UK.My man from Time Machine .
Now that's a PARTY!!!!!!!!!
What up Evan, thanks for coming to the show.
Who is that?
What an awesome tattoo.
What up Dj Orion - check out his music at myspace.com/oriongarcia
David - Yo Majesty road manager/keeper of order
Aaron, Tyrone and Keith -- the homies
The Drummer for Does it Offend you...Yeah!!!
Dj Orion
CAT PIANO IS BAMMA PROOF!!!

And I'm OUT!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment