About Me

I am a photographer, writer and social scientist...this is my forum for creative expression. I am using this blog to document my days and nights in the city that never sleeps...all the photographs, unless otherwise credited, have been shot by yours truly. If I offend you...good...I hope you begin to think more critically about the world in which we live. I am here to discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly...and there is a whole lotta ugly out there!!! If you have a problem with anything that I write or photograph, let me know. It will not change my opinion but I appreciate and welcome discourse. One little bit of advice...don't do stupid things and let me photograph you...it will turn up on my blog.

Thanks.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Rave in Brooklyn...

Another late post...I went to a rave a couple of weeks ago that was insane...exactly what you imagine when you think of a rave; a large warehouse, lazer and light shows, video projections (what up R2), shirtless and sweaty kids, people rolling balls, glow sticks, pacifiers, a time out space (or area for the people on drugs to mellow out), and music so loud I could feel the bass vibrating in my lower intestines. Awesome!


What you might not have expected is that Rob Swift and Dj Precision of the would show up and perform an ill Dj set over the electronica and techno music.


Inside the warehouse -- fire spinning in full effect.


This is what happens when you combine a lazer show, fire spinning and long exposures...
I love it.




If you don't know what that yellow balloon is about...I can't tell you.


What up...Ari and Mojo.


Cool hat.


This dude was pretty good with the glow sticks...what is a rave without glow sticks?



I told you!!!!!!!!
Ill Insanity -- this was an awesome Dj set. I saw legendary hip hop djs step up to the table, keep the electronica going and provide some of the illest cuts and scratches that I have seen in a really long time. The speed and technical skill that I witnessed was baffling...these dudes were on point!!!






Back to what normally happens at a rave.


Awesome costume.


Now, there was a lot that was going on at the party that I did not photograph...let's just say that not everything is for public consumption...I hope you like what you see!!!

Hit me up if you have a good party coming up -- I need to shoot!

There is more in the slideshow. PEACE


No comments:

Post a Comment