About Me

I am a photographer, writer and social scientist...this is my forum for creative expression. I am using this blog to document my days and nights in the city that never sleeps...all the photographs, unless otherwise credited, have been shot by yours truly. If I offend you...good...I hope you begin to think more critically about the world in which we live. I am here to discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly...and there is a whole lotta ugly out there!!! If you have a problem with anything that I write or photograph, let me know. It will not change my opinion but I appreciate and welcome discourse. One little bit of advice...don't do stupid things and let me photograph you...it will turn up on my blog.

Thanks.

Monday, February 9, 2009

The Dillinger Escape Plan, Caverns, and Knife the Glitter - New Brunswick



Tonight was crazy. It is 5:55 in the morning as I write this and in the past three days I have shot three different events in three different cities - Wash DC, Philly and New Brunswick...life is wild.

Tonight, I shot one of the craziest shows that I have ever been to...Caverns (one of the bands on my label), Knife the Glitter, and The Dillinger Escape Plan in the basement of some dude's house in New Brunswick, NJ. All the bands fall into the category of loud, aggressive and audibly overwhelming.

If you are not familiar with Dillinger, please do the research....they are the best live music act that I have ever seen in my life - epitomizing energy, mayhem and intensity. Check out some of the photos in the slideshow...The night included:

1. The sour diesel song and dance - Peace to kids from Albany that drive to Jersey for shows...
2. A dude in a blue unitard.
3. Caverns killing it.
4. The hottest, most humid, and intimate basement show that I have ever been to.
5. Greg Puciato (the lead vocalist for Dillinger) smashing a hole in the plaster ceiling with his
head...and much more. Enjoy.


CAVERNS


KNIFE THE GLITTER



Before you view the Dillinger slideshow, please take a number of things into consideration and keep them in mind as you view the images. Dillinger Escape Plan is an awesome band to photograph, but they are also a very difficult band to photograph in an almost pitch black basement. The band itself was all over the place, the basement was so humid that my lens kept fogging up (you will see what I mean), and there was a basement full of hardcore metal and punk fans gong nuts. Have a look.








3 comments:

  1. I dig that there's this random ass black dude with a messed up hawk in the front of the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in reality was once a entertainment account it.

    Glance advanced to far brought agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we keep up a correspondence?


    my web page Zahngold Verkaufen

    ReplyDelete