About Me

I am a photographer, writer and social scientist...this is my forum for creative expression. I am using this blog to document my days and nights in the city that never sleeps...all the photographs, unless otherwise credited, have been shot by yours truly. If I offend you...good...I hope you begin to think more critically about the world in which we live. I am here to discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly...and there is a whole lotta ugly out there!!! If you have a problem with anything that I write or photograph, let me know. It will not change my opinion but I appreciate and welcome discourse. One little bit of advice...don't do stupid things and let me photograph you...it will turn up on my blog.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hip-Hop Summit Action Network party


Ok. Wednesday night was pretty cool. I had to shoot the red carpet for the Hip Hip Action Summit screening of their new PSA. Now, here is the thing -- I like to shoot the red carpet and the party. Normally the red carpet is hectic, I spend a lot of time waiting for people that never show up, and often it is cold, hot, raining...etc...and then you don't get to go into the party.
Wack.
Last night was alright. It rained a little (but the press area was covered), we weren't out there for very long, and I got the shots that I needed...but I still couldn't go into the party.
WACK!!
enjoy.

Dj Green Lantern.



Dr. Ben Chavis and Valeisha Butterfield.

Alesha Renee (Bet Host)

Rocsi (106 & Park)

Little X. This dude is one of my favorite video directors...If you don't know who he is, do some research.
Dj Clue. Check out his shades in the next picture.



Kevin Lyles (on the right) and friend.
Hello.



Moshanda

Terrence J (106 & Park).



Dr. Ben Chavis.
Russell Simmons.


Russel Simmons was pretty cool with talking to the media, and did a couple of interviews for some web Tv shows...he also had an interesting interaction with a reporter from In Touch mag. Other people were asking him about the event, politics and hip hop; this woman asked him out of blue about his divorce and financial situation with Kimora Lee Simmons.!! He responded by saying, "You know I'm not going to talk about that Bullshit...it's all in the court papers."
He took it pretty well, and I like the fact that he showed some emotion without acting crazy...that's what's up.

So, all in all, it was a good night. A little bit of rain, only 1.5 hours on the carpet, and a couple of cool photos. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment