About Me

I am a photographer, writer and social scientist...this is my forum for creative expression. I am using this blog to document my days and nights in the city that never sleeps...all the photographs, unless otherwise credited, have been shot by yours truly. If I offend you...good...I hope you begin to think more critically about the world in which we live. I am here to discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly...and there is a whole lotta ugly out there!!! If you have a problem with anything that I write or photograph, let me know. It will not change my opinion but I appreciate and welcome discourse. One little bit of advice...don't do stupid things and let me photograph you...it will turn up on my blog.

Thanks.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

A night in Union Square

Last week, I ended up at Union Square around midnight and there were a ton of kids in the park riding bikes and skating...I chilled for a while and took some flicks.
I tried my best not to use a flash for these images...I did not want to draw attention to myself or change the vibe of the kids that were hanging out.
Enjoy.



Have you ever tried to do a kick flip?


These cats were all riding fixed gear bikes...if you don't know about fixed gear bikes, do the research.


These guys were walking past the skaters and decided to try a couple of ollies...it did not work, but they were cool anyway.


Do it.


I did not use a flash, so most of these images are blurry (I had to use a really slow shutter speed), but it adds the element of mystery and keeps the kids anonymous...cool.







This dude caught big air...


...and then busted his ass.




I saw this statue on the way out of the park...there is a similar one in Washington DC (near George Washington University).


Take this sign to heart.


As well as this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment