About Me

I am a photographer, writer and social scientist...this is my forum for creative expression. I am using this blog to document my days and nights in the city that never sleeps...all the photographs, unless otherwise credited, have been shot by yours truly. If I offend you...good...I hope you begin to think more critically about the world in which we live. I am here to discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly...and there is a whole lotta ugly out there!!! If you have a problem with anything that I write or photograph, let me know. It will not change my opinion but I appreciate and welcome discourse. One little bit of advice...don't do stupid things and let me photograph you...it will turn up on my blog.

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Complex Shoe Party

So, Last week I went to another Complex Magazine party -- this one was hosted by Complex magazine in conjunction with Axe body Spray (the worst product ever to become so popular). Anyway - free drinks, awesome shoes, and some cool people.

Check out the kicks!!!



Throughout the night, I ran into a bunch of people that I knew from Morehouse...some cats I had not seen in 6 years or so. That's one of the things I find interesting about NYC - I can live in a city of 8 million people and still randomly run into people that I met in DC, Atl, or some other city in the world. On another note...
I ran into Tanya Morgan - the Hip Hop group out of Ohio and Brooklyn

The most interesting things about the night were the fashion choices made by the attendees of the event. The styles varied from Hip Hop, to retro (By the way, I grew up in the 80's - the fashion was wack and it still is), to corporate and preppy. ENJOY
Here is another instance of random white people asking me to take pictures of them...but whatever.
I think the dude in the white hat is an emcee in NYC...I run into him sometimes at these complex parties.
BIG UPS TO COMPLEX MAG!!

This is a photographer that shoots for villageslum.com

Another hot (literally sweltering) party thrown by complex. SEE YOU AT THE NEXT EVENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment