About Me

I am a photographer, writer and social scientist...this is my forum for creative expression. I am using this blog to document my days and nights in the city that never sleeps...all the photographs, unless otherwise credited, have been shot by yours truly. If I offend you...good...I hope you begin to think more critically about the world in which we live. I am here to discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly...and there is a whole lotta ugly out there!!! If you have a problem with anything that I write or photograph, let me know. It will not change my opinion but I appreciate and welcome discourse. One little bit of advice...don't do stupid things and let me photograph you...it will turn up on my blog.

Thanks.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Roots listening party - RISING DOWN

Hello everyone, I hope this week has been a good one. Check out the latest flicks. Wednesday night I went to a listening party for The Roots' new album, "Rising Down", at Legacy Studios in Manhattan. I sat in on an interview with ?uestlove and Black Thought and then hung around the studio for a minute listening to an amazing album that ?uestlove and James Poysner put together ( a remix album of Al Green's material).

By the way, the new ROOTS album is off the hook. I heard the whole thing and I love most of it!

Now presenting: The Legendary ROOTS CREW

Black Thought and ?uestlove

Truck North - featured on RISING DOWN

Outside of Studio room A, the party was raging...free drinks, free food and a lot of hot (temperture hot) people. The place was like a furnace that smelled like fried chicken and sweaty people.

I ran into homie from Kidz in the Hall - here with "J", from Allhiphop.com
Check out this sweatshirt!!!! - Only in 2008
Here we have BLK JKS and Black Thought

BLK JKS live in effect.

2 comments:

  1. I have been reading the posts avidly so just wanted to express my thanks for providing me with some very good reading material. I look forward to more, and taking a more active part in the discussions here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading the posts avidly so just wanted to express my thanks for providing me with some very good reading material. I look forward to more, and taking a more active part in the discussions here.

    ReplyDelete