About Me

I am a photographer, writer and social scientist...this is my forum for creative expression. I am using this blog to document my days and nights in the city that never sleeps...all the photographs, unless otherwise credited, have been shot by yours truly. If I offend you...good...I hope you begin to think more critically about the world in which we live. I am here to discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly...and there is a whole lotta ugly out there!!! If you have a problem with anything that I write or photograph, let me know. It will not change my opinion but I appreciate and welcome discourse. One little bit of advice...don't do stupid things and let me photograph you...it will turn up on my blog.

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A night at Soho House

Peace,
My name is Mr. Ashes. I am a photographer and musician in NYC...but on my way to a city near you.

I am using this blog to document my days and nights in the city that never sleeps...all the photographs, unless otherwise credited, have been shot by yours truly.


I will try to keep the words to a minimum and allow the images to speak for themselves, but in the case of egregious incidents captured and preserved indefinitely on film (or memory card), I will scold, admonish, encourage or hate on any aforementioned victim.

The inspiration for this blog is a question that I ask myself and you should ask yourself as well.
How did I end up here and what the hell am I supposed to do while I am here?

I hope you enjoy the first installment ... A night at Soho House.
-----------------------------------------
So here we go...my girlfriend and I went to Soho house to check out this Flow TV party....free drinks is always a good way to get me to your event.
We got there, got into Soho House using a fake name, took the lift up to the fourth floor, stepped out of the elevator and I figured I must have been in the wrong place; it was filled with all these middle age white men in suits - not your average hip hop celebrity crowd. But we chilled for a second and hit the open bar - I downed a few Johnny Walker Black and Gingers and then the night began.
We went to one of the other rooms, and who did we run into?

Introducing...the Ghostface Killaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Ghost is one of my favorite emcess; from Enter the 36 Chambers untill now he has consistently pushed the envelope of lyricism...if you don't understand what he is saying, listen again.

He was cool, we spoke for a second and then I ran into Melyssa Ford (who I met at a King Magazine party and mistakingly called Meagan Good...my bad). She was hanging out with G - Unit resident DJ -- DJ Whookid and one of her friends.






How did I end up Here?

Any way, we mingled a bit more, got some more drinks and dipped out. Here are some photos of the evening before we left.




I ran into this cat that had ill tattoos on his hands - have a closer look. He turned out to be a motocross athlete - Ronnie Faisst. Dude has his own clothing line called Shui - it is pretty dope. Look for Rosetta Stoned to be rocking some of his shirts in the near future.


This guy (above) is an idiot... But he's an old frat guy with a young chick.


These two young ladies are featured on Sunset Tan ( a reality show that I actually do not watch).
Molly and Holly. Some people say that the 'Olly Girls are not the brightest pumpkins in the patch...I don't know...watch the show and you tell me. By the way, they are hiding their drinks behind their backs.

And here, we have the mandatory crew party goers that see me with a camera and ask me to take their pictures...for what? Did they think I actually work for InStyle or Page Six?

OK...that's it. Look out for more pictures, less words.

MR. ASHES

No comments:

Post a Comment