About Me

I am a photographer, writer and social scientist...this is my forum for creative expression. I am using this blog to document my days and nights in the city that never sleeps...all the photographs, unless otherwise credited, have been shot by yours truly. If I offend you...good...I hope you begin to think more critically about the world in which we live. I am here to discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly...and there is a whole lotta ugly out there!!! If you have a problem with anything that I write or photograph, let me know. It will not change my opinion but I appreciate and welcome discourse. One little bit of advice...don't do stupid things and let me photograph you...it will turn up on my blog.

Thanks.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

SXSW Thurs (3/4) - BPM Party

Thursday night we went to a party at the Elk's Lodge (some type of fraternal organization meeting house) - BPM magazine was hosting a party featuring Steve Aoki, Danny Masterson, and Neon Neon. This party was one of the best that week...free drinks, a mechanical bull, awesome Djs, amazing live performances, a pool, and all types of people to run into. Have a look.




First lesson...DO NOT WEAR A SKIRT AND RIDE A MECHANICAL BULL!!!

Or...If you wear a skirt on a mechanical bull, be prepared to be featured on a photography blog somewhere.

What up Steve...!


More mechanical bull action!!!

You are not allowed to do that!!!


NUFF SAID - don't mess with texas. Ironically, this cat is from Virginia and runs an awesome record label called F*ck a Record Company - his flagship artists being Rosetta Stoned.


The first performance that I watched was Neon Neon...a group consisting of Boom Bip (Check out the album he did with Dose One years ago), a lead vocalist and a guitar/bass player. The show was sick...they played songs that range from electro crunc to experimental rock...Awesome -Check them out on Lex records.



This young lady was hangin out all night...I don't know if she is a DJ or artist, but she was wearing awesome glasses.



GANGSTER!


Yes, this is Danny Masterson (Hyde from the 70's show). I think he was celebrating his birthday that night as well...it's a celebration BIT*HES!!



Danny and Steve had the party rocking...I danced so much that my legs were sore the next morning.



Water guns were given out as a promotional gift - things got so hectic that the police had to confiscate water guns...people were running around causing all types of mayhem.








-Now back to the party!!!!!!!!









Nice sunglasses!!

...yep, it's a party.


Say hi to the camera.



This girl, fell on the ground, rolled around for a little while and then got back up and danced for the rest of the night. In on sense, she is kind of awesome, and in another sense, I just don;t know waht to think.



On a fashion note....
These are some of the coolest pants I have ever seen.

All white before Easter?

and, finally applause for the people!!!!!!!!!


Is that connect four? How awesome is that?


That's what's up!!

Get em girrrrl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment