About Me

I am a photographer, writer and social scientist...this is my forum for creative expression. I am using this blog to document my days and nights in the city that never sleeps...all the photographs, unless otherwise credited, have been shot by yours truly. If I offend you...good...I hope you begin to think more critically about the world in which we live. I am here to discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly...and there is a whole lotta ugly out there!!! If you have a problem with anything that I write or photograph, let me know. It will not change my opinion but I appreciate and welcome discourse. One little bit of advice...don't do stupid things and let me photograph you...it will turn up on my blog.

Thanks.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

SXSW Fri (4/4) - Emo's

Friday night was a live performance at Emo's. This club was huge!!! There was one large performance space inside, two spaces outside and another room for live music.. .and the sound was dope.

The night at Emo's began at the nail booth.

I had hoped to photograph a lot of tattoos while in Austin, and the night started out well.






Once I settled in and grabbed a drink, I moved to the stage and photographed the British band, "Does It Offend You, Yeah?" As you will see, the crowd felt it.







YES!!!!!!!


2 of the ladies from VON IVA and one of the gents from Are you Offended...Yeah

So, the show must go on!!!

Flosstradamus performed...they killed it. It was the first time I had a good time hearing mixes of Daft Punk. People went nuts, I'm talking APE SH*T...jumping around, throwing bows, all types of madness.





There was Stage diving - peace to any chick that stage dives in a skirt or dress!!!







1!!!!



2!!!



3!!!







This is the skinniest dude I have ever seen in my life!!







After the show...the people!
Nice hat. The duck is a nice touch.






I also saw THE COOL KIDS. I had never heard of these guys, but people in the crowd were singing the lyrics, getting hype and trying to pull of one of the emcee's pants. By the end of the show, I was interested in hearing more of their material...they somehow covered a Beastie Boy's song and a N.W.A. in one set.















More Stage Diving






Kid Sister rocking the mic!!!!





Yes...Homie from Jane's Addiction!!!!


I brief visit from my man from Kids in the Hall


By the end of the night, I was tired..but the pictures were dope.
I hope you enjoyed

No comments:

Post a Comment